Roll Crit number(s), roll again to confirm
- RAW – Use multiplier on weapon damage
- House – Multiplier is against all damage, use crit chart or cards in addition
If 2 20’s are rolled:
- RAW – Two 20’s and successfull hit is instant kill
- Natural 20 is NOT an automatic success. Instead roll again and add to 20 (repeating if multiple 20’s) rolled
- RAW – Familiar’s hit points are ½ Mage’s
- House – Familiar’s hit points are ½ Mage’s OR normal for species, whichever is greater
- RAW – Add 3 hit points once
- House – Add 3 hit points every level
- Up to 3 flaws are allowed, but must be accepted by DM
- Flaws are significant, not “irresistible urge to eat chocolate” – more like “terrified of fire” or other common thing to encounter. Negatives on important rolls…
- At the beginning of the game, story cards are handed out. They are used by player’s to influence game events – similar to action points but slightly superior in that they can effect NPC’s as well.
- Actions have to be described in possible fashion by the player to achieve the desired result (role play!).